Friday, July 23, 2010

List building - Stick with it or change it up?

Sorry for the lack of posts, I've gotten busy with work and other things. In this post I'd like to discuss list building. I'm relatively new to the hobby and I only have about 15 games with my Tyranids. I hate to say it, but I think some would say I've been list hopping, trying new things. You see, the one thing I love about the Tyranid codex is that is has some amazing fluff to it. The stories of hive take overs are cool, the special characters are cool and have great fluff, so since I'm the narative type I try to fit them into my list, and I tend to stray away from the Tervigon spam lists that are running around the net right now. I like to play lists that can be competitive but also different from the norm. For instance, I really like the idea of a stealer shock list, but let's face it, in today's 5E mechanized lists, it doesn't work very well unless you just get really lucky with those 6's.

What about you guys? Are you new to the game? Are you list hopping and experimenting, or are you finding what's out there on the web and sticking to what wins games?

1 comment:

  1. I build a list I like to play (regardless of what the internet says is a good list) and then play it for 5 to 10 games without any changes at all. Then, I'll change one thing only and play another round of games.
    More often than not, it's the player and not the army that loses.

    ReplyDelete